twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

My husband has lupus, will vitamins help more then his medicines? please help!?


Answer:
Your husband will be most successful if he works closely with his rheumatologist. Vitamins and supplements can be good, but some can actually interact with his meds or even make the lupus worse. Lupus can cause PERMANENT organ damage. If he had something as serious as cancer would you think eating grass would cure it? If he had a blockage in his heart blood vessels would you simply feed him a vitamin? Of course not. Lupus can me mild to severe and anywhere in between. I always wonder why, when we know it it not natural for our immune systems to turn against ourselves, do people think "natural" solutions are the only way? It takes a combination of things in consultation with your rheumatologist to control this wolf.
it would help but he should still take medications, because my mother's cousin died because she never took the medications needed.
debra, no not necesarily, in fact if not specialized to his needs they can hurt. he cant just pop a multi, and go on his way. I tried that, some well most had too much of certain vitimans which my liver couldnt break down, and I got ill, or The vitamin was wrong. you may end up with a cabinet of different supplements, but what we do, is take specific ones and leave the rest out, and let foods pick up any deficincies, there may be, they wont hurt me, but 200% of somthing that is recomended daily can destroy an already vulnerable organ, in my case liver.with lupus, you have to be so careful. anything can turn on our bodies at any time, causing the autoimmune reaction. meaning, our own cells see it as a foreign invader though it is not, and can cause illness though it did not exsist before. for example. to much vitamin A in my case, can lead to more liver damage. so aske you dr which he feels he needs

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net