twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

My ganglion cyst is driving me crazy!?

Ok...15 years ago I noticed a bump forming in the joint of my left wrist. I was told that my options were to slam it with a bible or leave it alone and see if it just goes away. I decided to leave it alone because it didn't bother me until 4 years ago. I decided to get it surgically removed because I was having trouble lifting my baby finger and I was experiencing pain up my arm when I lifted things. The surgery removed the cyst but left a scar and I was in a cast for 6 weeks. After all that, the cyst is back only taller and I'm feeling the same weakening sensations like before. I'm not going to hit it with a book and I don't want to go through the surgery again. Can anyone tell me how effective draining the cyst is and is it a painful procedure? I have also heard there's something you can take, a pill or something, that get's rid of Ganglion cysts?
Answer:
Wow!
Obviously what's happening is that the cyst is physically putting pressure on the nerve which is why you are experiencing weakness. In all good conscience I cannot suggest that you personally drain it I'm pretty sure that draining it will work [or to use the fancy term aspirating] But since I don't know what you have for: knowledge, equipment, technique %26 infection control I'm going to reccomend that you not do it yourself but rather seek an MD to do it.
Good Luck ruok
drink salt water or put on it- will osmotically remove it
i feel your pain...literally. i have one in my right wrist. usually it comes and goes, but some days the pain is mindblowing! i'm a big sissy and won't have the surgery, i tried a really stiff brace my doctor recommended. another friend actually had the same brace and swears by it. it almost looks like a brace that bowlers wear. it slides onto your wrist and has laces and velcro to tighten it. check into it, it may be what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net