twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

My friend cut herself?

ok one of my friends cut herself, and when her dad found out he was all mad and punished her her for doing it, don't you think that's stupid and unfair
Answer:
I am a cutter, and my parents were very supportive of me. Her dad might be scared. actually he probably is. They both need help, getting mad is no way to help. It's not something we think about or think through before we cut. She needs to go get professional help. Help her and talk to her about how she felt when her dad got mad, tell her it's not her fault!!
No. I think it's stupid and unfair of your friend to put her family and friend through the mental anguish they are certainly going through.
She should be ashamed of herself, and you too missy.
yeah its definitely not going to make her problems any better
When parents get scarred of things their kids do, it is natural for us to punish them to make us think that we have some form of control of things that are going on. In reality, if she cut herself she needs therapy, and probably her parents need to be in therapy also to know why she is acting this way and how to handle her in the future.
Yeah that was very stupid, it would've made her want to cut some more, out of anger , he should have talked to her, and not just punish her cause it can lead to something worse if she doesn't talk about it ya know
yeah
if I were him
I would sit down and talk
to her and not trying to
punish her
and tell her why she cut herself
I tried to cut myself too
but I didn t
but I had a knife in my hand
then I took a deep breath
and thinking about
what would happen
after I cut myself if I did it
then I would need stitches
They all need to get professional help.The dad should be more concerned than angry at the daughter, because she is crying for help.
I don't know how you can help in this situation because I'm sure the dad won't want you to tell him they need consultation.
And I'm sure your friend won't want to hear it either, but she needs to stop this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net