twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Heart Rate?

Alright, just so you know, I'm 16, male, relative good shape.I went to the local drugstore and took a blood pressure test (they have a machine). It spit these stats at me:Systolic = 119
Diastolic = 64
Pulse = 54Is this good? I looked up heart rate on wikipedia, and from what I took from it, I have a really low pulse, and bad blood pressure? These stats are bad, right? The machine said that for an adult, Systolic under 120 and diastolic under 80 are best? But 119/64 is higher than 120/80, so I have high blood pressure?Also, is my heart rate too low?Sorry for the length of question, but thanks!
Answer:
Those are perfect. average is... 120/80 for blood pressure and 60bpm for heart rate. you are right on target my friend! youre blood pressure is lower then average... not by much so you are right on target. A high blood pressure would be like 200/160 so to speak, and a low pulse would be like 30.
Sounds good to me all of them
I THINK YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE LOOKS GREAT. THE PULSE DOES SEEM A LITTLE LOW, BUT I'M NOT SURE ON THAT. BLOOD PRESSURE CAN CHANGE EVERY MINUTE.
Everything is fine. There is nothing wrong with any of those stats. A high blood pressure is more like over 150/90's and low would be under 100/50. As for a pulse low would be under 45 and high would be over 100. Even with numbers like that some people just normally have low or high pressures. It all depens on the person and what is going on around them or what they are feeling at the time. Your blood pressure can change from one arm to the other as well. There can also be changes in your blood pressure do to stress, pain, whats going on around you. I would not worry one bit everything looks fine. Good for you though to check and take an interest in what your body is doing. Not many 16 year olds care.
Your pulse rate reflects that of a person who is in very good physical condition.It is reinforced with good blood pressure readings.
But, It has been proven that most drugstore bp monitors are very inaccurate so why don't you see your Doctor he/she can give you the best assessment.
Many things can effect your bp reading for example studies have shown that when men have to got to the bathroom (pee) it raises their bp substantially. Then there is white coat syndrome which is when people get riled just because they are at the doctors and that raises there bp.Just be aware if you see your Doctor remain calm because it is no big deal and then your reading will be very accurare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net