twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

My fiance has severe anxiety issues- how do I get him to seek help?

I have been with my fiance for 3 years now. I have a 5 yr odl son from a previous relat.
In the past 3 years, I have seen my fiance fly off the handle at stupid stuff (not enough milk left, forgetting to put fabric softener in, not folding shirts right) so many times. I have become increasinly aware that he has a really big anxiety problem he won't deal with. He is SUPER defensive all the time, like the world and everyone are out to get him. He NEEDS control over EVERYTHING or he can't cope and shuts down-- watching tv or driving around for HOURS at a time so he doesn't have to deal with the anxiety trigger until someone deals with it for him.
Things like a bed sheet tag not being in the right corner, the flooring in a room being laid slightly crooked, lights on electronics not ligning up or being the same colour, these things make him go OFF. Like screaming that nobody understands him, why won't things just go his way, etc. And he now has my son SO nervous about EVERYTHING
Answer:
talk to him.
how? u can start by discussing the minor issues first, then little by little get to the main point, this may take several talks with himfor anxiety, he can try natural supplements
one good food supplement for anxiety is l-theanine, it is an amino acid, u can read about it in the internet and u can buy online
s
there are many, the one that i can and works for me the best is ashwagandha, very very good for anxiety
Counseling is the best way to help with severe anxiety issues. He also may need some medication to help him simmer down a little. I recommend that you disguise him getting help by recommending couple's counseling (since you are getting married). A lot of couples do this before marriage anyway, so it won't seem out of place. Once he's there it will hopefully be the shoe in the door he needs.Best of luck!! You're in my prayers!
http://dailystrength.org/support/anxiety...
My father is bipolar, and it has been a nightmare. i seriously think this is what is making your husband anxious. He is manic IMHO. My father is on regular meds now, but it is not easy to get them to that point. If it is bothering your son to the point of him stessing out, you have to think of your child, which you are. I really do feel for you.
Take care
DANGER DANGER DANGER! I think you really need to rethink you situation. If it's this bad now, who knows what it could turn into as the normal stresses of life and a new baby come into play. Not to mention that your son is already having emotional problems due to being around your fiance. You first priorities are your children and I am sure you know that. That is just not a healthy situation for them or you to be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net