twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

My husband has been attending the cancer unit at our local hosp. his body isnt producing bone marrow properly?

and his platelets were at 65 last appointment. His next appointment isnt til 8thAugust but over the last 2 weeks he has came out in like blood blisters over his body and has had a few headaches and blured vision. And also his walking has got a bit more difficult with his joints in his ankles and feet.
Even tough he hasnt been diagnosed with anything yet I am a bit concerned. He doesnt want me to phone his GP what should I do I am sick withh worrying and I know he is to but trying not to show it please give me some advise if anyone has been in this position or a medical profesional that could advise me thank you.
Answer:
Good heavens, what a lot of speculation. So many people here are handing out death sentences. He doesn't even have a diagnosis yet, much less a fatal one!Tell him to quit being such a putz and drag him into the doctor. His symptoms certainly do sound serious, and if he doesn't want to go, be sure that he knows how reassuring it would be to you to have him checked out. Assuming that this is something like 'adult leukemia' (CML, usually) it is now much more treatable than it was even just 5 or 6 years ago. So much so that some perspectives treat it more as a chronic illness than as a fatal one.Please get him checked out and diagnosed before panicing. Good luck to you both!MM*In re-reading my note prior to submitting, I think that it sounds a bit flip. I do not mean in any way to minimize your concerns. Indeed, he does sound like he has something worrisome going on and needs to see a doctor ASAP. But do, please, get a diagnosis before worrying too much.
It sounds like adult leukemia...
It sounds as if he has cancer, and I am sorry but although he is trying to be strong and protect you, he really needs your support as he works towards the end of his life. There are various support groups for families of persons dying with cancer, I suggest you join one local to your area.
I have been where you are now and I have great sympathy for both of you. Explain to our husband that his denial is making you ill, and it will, so to help keep you strong if the worst is to come he should at least see his GP if not his Oncologist. If he still refuses then you must contact your doctor and explain your worries. The doctor could then make a "chance" visit and discover the problems himself. It is much easier to deal with the problem once you know what it is. I found my imagination was worse than the reality. I hope everything goes well for you and your husband.
I say get him to the doctor to find out the problem and then you will be able to investigate the problem and try to find a solution. I would ask him to make the appointment or tell him you will make it for him. It may get him mad but hopefully he will get over it quickly. He's probably scared. Never give up hope.
My husband also had blood blisters over his lymph's tissues, in armpit, gr pin, and below his ear. He couldn't swallowed any type of food, even the gruel. First time, I thought he had some pancreas/digestive problems, but I was concerned with swollen in his body, I was thinking something serious happened, he couldn't walking, and got several mild heart attack.
After several day, he had blurred vision, and the swollen was getting bigger. He was suspecting as CML patient, or adult leukemia. I was too late to know it, he passed away within 3 months. It's terrible.
Just explain to him, that it will getting worse for him if he doesn't want to cooperate with you, it will hurt you. Somehow, he needs your full support, and courageous to face his health problems. Convince him, that you always be with him for whatever condition, even in sick or health.
If he does have cancer, it will most likely be luekimia or lymopha. He could get a donor for a bone marrow transplant.
I am sorry. It is tough for you when he doesnt want you to call. I definitely dont want him to be mad at you yet I believe he needs attention. Can you persuade him? Is there another Dr he would let you call that is not his GP? Can you matter-of-factly say well its just a routine report that I am making to the Dr for you so he will no since its not fair to not give the Drs feedback ,so they know if the treatment is working? I would try hard to persuade him and then get him in ASAP to someone. He deserves to be comfortable! If all that doesnt work then just tell him you have to !God Bless You
It sounds like leukemia which my sister and cousin both have. Although it does sound more like leukemia another possibility is lymphoma which is simular in some ways. Hope all goes well, my thoughts are with you and your husband.
http://www.cellfood.com/coyle.pdf...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net